Programs & Services
Epidemiology is the study of outbreaks of contagious diseases that spread to many individuals in an area.
- Monitors sentinel encephalitis (WNV,EEE,LAC) activity.
- Prepares data using tables and carts to show community trends.
- Maintain relationships with laboratories and hospitals for reporting purposes.
- Improve disease reporting and communication between private physicians and public health.
- Work in partnership with other county health department staff, hospitals, and nurses concerning increases in health issues.
- Conduct studies to show recent changes in disease development and population trends.
- Prepares information for public health programs and the general public.
- Follow-up on cases of food-borne illnesses, arboviral infections, or any group of illnesses.
For more information on Epidemiology programs contact January Smith at (229) 333-5290.